Despite not having children, I sometimes really enjoy the comfort food that kids enjoy. Things like mac and cheese and spaghetti and meatballs remind me of being a kid. Sometimes though it’s those comforting dishes that I crave. Casseroles are another category of food I would consider in those childhood comforts.
In the Recipe Swap group on MFP Thirstygirl shared one of her family favorites, something I wish I had in my childhood and something that I’m going to continue making into my future. Not only was this dish incredibly easy to make, it really was just.. good. I loved the Bisquick crust, I loved the flavors, and it just made me feel so full.
1 lb ground beef
1 cup Bisquick
1/3 cup water
1 can refried beans
1/2 pack taco seasoning
1 cup salsa
1/2 cup cheddar cheese
1/2 cup cotija cheese
1. In a skillet brown the beef. Add the taco seasoning according to the directions on the packet. Set aside.
2. In a separate bowl mix the Bisquick, water, and the refried beans. Spread in the bottom of a greased pie pan.
3. On top of the beans, cover with the beef. Pour the salsa over the top and then top with cheese.
4. Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
* serves 6
* 394 calories per serving
* shared by Thirstygirl on MFP