Chicken is by far my favorite choice of protein ever. I’ve always loved chicken, since I was little. As I’ve gotten older one of the reasons I love chicken so much is because it’s so versatile. I feel like you can do more with chicken than most other meats. You can dress it up and make it fancy, you can downplay it and make it simple . . . It can wear so many different breadings and marinades. It can do no wrong.
This chicken dress wears a breading made of Cheez-Its. I had intended to buy plain Cheez-Its, but when I was in the store I saw the Pepper Jack variety and knew that my chicken really wanted that flavor on it.
I actually could have used even a little more spice, but the flavor of the crackers on the chicken was excellent!
I served the chicken with a Brussels Sprouts Casserole, which was okay. I’m not crazy about Brussels sprouts to begin with so they’re always just “okay.” I just have to force myself to eat veggies sometimes.
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/2 cup sour cream
1 1/2 cups Cheez-Its
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1. Cut the chicken breasts in half. Pound them to about 1/2 inch thin with a mallet.
2. Place the Cheez-Its in a ziplock bag and crush them with a rolling pin.
3. Preheat the oven to 375.
4. Roll the chicken in the sour cream. Cover with crushed Cheez-Its.
5. Place in a baking dish. Drizzle with the vegetable oil.
6. Bake for approximately 40 minutes.