Matt loves fried rice, so I’m frequently trying out new varieties. This dish was delicious, with a touch of basil.
3 tbsp vegetable oil
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 jalapeno, seeded, deveined, and minced
1 inch ginger, minced
1/2 onion, diced
12 mushrooms, sliced
2 cups cooked rice
1/2 tsp sugar
3 tbsp soy sauce
1/2 tbsp dried basil
1. Heat oil in a heavy skillet. Add the garlic, jalapeno, and ginger. Saute for a minute on high heat.
2. Add the onions and saute until slightly brown, about 3 minutes.
3. Add the mushrooms, soy sauce, and sugar. Continue to saute, several minutes.
4. Add the rice and mix well, making sure to coat the rice with the soy sauce and vegetables. Cook for about 5 minutes.
5. Add the basil leaves and mix well.
* serves 2
* 466 calories per serving