You’re right. This isn’t really lo mein. I really should have just titled the post “Chicken and Ramen with A Lot of Vegetables” but that hardly sounds exciting. For as simple and quick as this dish was, it really was full of flavor. I need to find more recipes like this before school starts next month because while I do love cooking and spending time in the kitchen, sometimes I really do only have 20 minutes.
Chicken Lo Mein
1 tbsp peanut oil
1 lb skinless boneless chicken breasts, cut into chunks
1 clove garlic, minced
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp ground ginger
1 package chicken flavor ramen noodle soup
1 1-lb bag of mixed veggies
1/4 cup water
1. Heat oi in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook, stirring frequently, until no longer pink.
2. Add vegetables and lid. Cook until the vegetables are cooked through, about 5 minutes.
3. Cook the noodles (without the flavoring pack) according to the package directions. Drain.
4. Add the soy sauce, garlic, ginger, and ramen seasoning to the water. Mix well. Pour over chicken and vegetables. Add the noodles and toss to mix.
* serves 2
* Shared with Full Plate Thursday