As you may know, this month I’m hosting the Food ‘n Flix movie. For October we’re watching Attack of the Killer Tomatoes. Check out the announcement post here. This movie is so bad, it’s good. I hadn’t actually seen it before. I laughed the entire movie. The jokes are so bad, the cinematography is so bad, the story line is pretty awful. But that’s the beauty in it, and I laughed and laughed.
When your BLT starts to attack, you know you have a problem.
Luckily the tomatoes I used on my BLT weren’t killers. I think I actually killed them with how I devoured this sandwich.
3 slices sourdough bread
8 slices center cut bacon
3 tbsp mayonnaise
1 tsp adobo sauce
2 tomatoes, cut into thick slices
2 leaves lettuce
1 avocado, sliced
salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place the bacon on a cookie sheet with raised edges. Bake for 20 minutes until crispy.
2. While the bacon is cooking, toast the bread. Mix together the mayonnaise and adobo sauce in a small dish.
3. Spread some of the mayonnaise on one piece of bread. Lay four pieces of bacon on the bread. Then add the lettuce, avocado, and tomato slices. Sprinkle salt and pepper on the tomatoes.
4. Spread the mayonnaise on another slice of bread and lay it face down on top of the tomatoes. On the top of this slice of bread, spread more mayonnaise. Layer the bacon, lettuce, tomato, and avocado, and more salt and pepper. Spread the mayonnaise on the last piece of bread and lay it face down on top of the tomatoes.
5. Cut in half and try to fit in your mouth!