Fried patties may not be the most healthy things to be eating when I’m trying to eat healthy, but I felt like I could justify it with the salad on the side (of arugula, spinach, pine nuts, tomato, and dressing.) My goal for the year 2013 is to try to have vegetables with every dinner. I’ve been really bad about loading up on carbs. So.. I’m trying to minimize it. Excuse all the dressing. I’m new at this!
The addition of the sun-dried tomatoes in the patties added a great dynamic. The original recipe called for canned salmon, but since I had canned tuna in my house I substituted that instead. I love tuna, so no complaints.
The rest of these patties are going to be served on a ciabatta roll for breakfast tomorrow.
Tuna and Rice Patties
2-5 oz can white albacore tuna
1 1/2 cup rice, cooked
1/2 cup onion, chopped
1/2 cup sun-dried tomato, chopped
1/4 cup breadcrumbs
2 tbsp mayonnaise
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1/2 cup breadcrumbs for coating
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1. In a small pan saute the onion and sun-dried tomato until the onions are tender. Let cool.
2. Combine the tuna, rice, the onion mixture, egg, breadcrumbs, mayonnaise, and Worcestershire sauce into a bowl. Mix with your hands until well combined.
3. Heat the oil in a medium sized frying pan.
4. Form the patties and coat them in breadcrumbs.
5. Cook the patties on medium heat, 7 minutes per side or until golden brown.