Like I said in my last post, I need to make more pestos. They are just SO good!
This pesto was made to share with Tinned Tomatoes pasta please. The theme this month was peppers and is hosted by We Don’t Eat Anything With A Face.
I actually don’t really like bell peppers. If I can get them sauteed enough they’re tolerable, but for the most part I really just don’t enjoy them. This use of the bell peppers was so good. I got the taste of the peppers, but I didn’t get that weird crunch that turns me off so much.
What kind of pesto should I make next?
Roasted Red Pepper Pesto
2 red bell peppers
2 tbsp basil leaves
2 cloves garlic, peeled
2 tbsp parmesan cheese
1/4 cup chopped walnuts
2 tbsp olive oil
8 oz spaghetti noodles
1. Bring a large pot of water to boil. Cook the spaghetti noodles according to the package directions. Drain and set aside.
2. Cover the bell peppers in aluminum foil. Over an open flame roast for about 15 minutes. Remove the foil, cut the pepper, and seed and vein them.
3. In a food processor grind the walnuts. Remove them and set aside.
4. Add the roasted peppers, basil leaves, and garlic to the food processor and processor until well chopped. Add the walnuts, cheese, and olive oil. Process more until you have a pesto consistency.
5. Mix the pesto into the noodles.