I love mashed potatoes and I love meat. Shepherd’s Pie is the best mix of both of them. And it even makes a way to get the veggies in. After I made this dish I read about someone using cauliflower mash in place of the potatoes. I’d love to make it like that in the future. Or with sweet potato mash. Or what other kind of mashes could I use in place of the potatoes?
Make your best suggestions!
8 oz ground beef
1/2 onion, chopped
1 cup frozen mixed vegetables
1 lb white potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
splash of milk
4 tbsp Brummel&Brown
1/4 cup beef broth
1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
salt and pepper, to taste
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the potatoes and boil for 20 minutes. Once they’re done, drain and mash together with some salt, milk, and 2 tbsp Brummel&Brown.
2. In a skillet melt the remaining Brummel&Brown. Saute the onions and frozen vegetables for 10 minutes.
3. Add the meat and cook until no longer pink. Add salt and pepper and Worcestershire sauce. Add the beef broth and cook for 10 minutes.
4. Place the beef in the bottom of a casserole dish. Spread the mashed potatoes over the top.
5. Bake at 400 for 30 minutes.