This month’s Alphabakes (hosted by The More Than Occasional Baker and Caroline Makes) is the letter K. I had this recipe bookmarked and decided it’d be a perfect thing to make for the month. This recipe is truly the best of all the worlds – brownies, candy, and cheesecake. Oh my.
Matt ended up taking the whole batch of them to his class’s potluck. They all got eaten, so I guess this is a good sign!
Kit Kat Cheesecake Brownies
1/2 cup unsalted butter
1 1/2 oz semisweet baking chocolate
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1 1/4 cup sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 cup flour
20 fun size Kit Kat bars
16 oz cream cheese, softened
2/3 cup sugar
2 tsp lemon juice
2 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 350. Grease an 8×8 baking dish very generously.
2. Start with the brownies. In a medium saucepan, melt together the butter and chocolate until smooth. Remove from heat and whisk in the sugar and salt. You will have a granulated mixture. Quickly whisk in an egg. Last stir in the flour until you have a thick batter. Pour this batter into the baking dish.
3. On top of the brownie mixture layer with the Kit Kat bars.
4. Next you need to make the cheesecake. Beat together the cream cheese and the sugar until smooth. Next beat in the eggs, one at a time. Last beat in the lemon juice and vanilla. Spread the cheesecake mixture over the brownies and Kit Kats, smoothing the top.
5. Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until a toothpick stuck in the middle comes out clean.
6. Let cool to room temperature. Then place in a refrigerator over night.
* makes 30 small brownies