Surfing the internet makes me drool sometimes. I’ll be looking from blog to blog and I’ll start feeling hungry. My mouth will start watering. I will browse my refrigerator to see if I can make the thing that made me drool. The answer is usually no. Then I bookmark it and I usually forget to actually make it.
This followed that same course, up until I actually went to the grocery store and bought what I needed to make the bread.
It’s been hot out. And despite feeling hot and sweaty, I made this in the kitchen and just got sweatier. That’s what happens when the oven’s on, obviously.
This bread was great. For as much sugary items are in it, I somehow wan’t overwhelmed by it being too sweet.
I think I’ll have a slice for breakfast.
I’m going to share this quick bread with Alpha Bake’s monthly challenge hosted by Ros and Caroline. This month’s letter is Q. I also plan on making a quiche later this month, but I figured I might as well share what I have!
Banana S’More Quick Bread
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 bananas, mashed
1/2 cup graham crackers, crushed
3/4 cup mini marshmallows
3/4 cup mini chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 350. Grease a 9×5 baking pan and set aside.
2. Beat together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the vanilla and eggs. Beat together until combined.
3. In a large bowl sift together the baking soda and flour. Slowly add the flour mixture to the wet mixture, beating together.
4. With a wooden spoon, stir the mashed bananas, graham crackers, marshmallows, and chocolate chips into the batter. Pour into the prepared baking pan.
5. Bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes, or until cooked all the way through. Let cool for 20 minutes before cutting.