The second cookie that I need to share with you is this spin on the snickerdoodle, using the Pumpkin Butter that I received in my most recent Foodie Pen Pal box! On my list of to-make cookies, I had a recipe bookmarked from Crazy For Crust – Apple Butter Snickerdoodles. Those sound delicious and I wanted to make them, but I also wanted to buy as few ingredients as possible. I swept through my pantry and came across the pumpkin butter Cleda sent me back in October.
OK OK – pumpkins might not be the most Christmasy of flavors. But I say, if pumpkin is okay in November (and it is,) pumpkin is definitely okay in December.
Or all year. Pumpkin is really welcome in my life all year long.
These cookies are delicious. I could eat them all myself if I didn’t think that much sugar would make me nauseous.
Pumpkin Butter Snickerdoodles
3 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 1/4 cup granulated sugar AND 1/3 cup granulated sugar, divided
2 large egg
1 tbsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup pumpkin butter
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon AND 1 tsp, divided
1. Whisk flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl. Set aside.
2. In the bowl of a stand mixer, add the 1 1/4 cup sugar and the butter. Cream together until fluffy. Mix in the eggs, vanilla, pumpkin butter, and 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon.
3. Add the flour mixture to the wet mixture until blended together. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 4 hours.
4. Preheat oven to 350. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
5. Place 1 tsp of ground cinnamon and the 1/3 cup of sugar in a shallow dish. Mix together.
6. Scoop the cookie dough out in 2 tbsp scoops. Roll into a ball. Roll in the cinnamon sugar. Place on the baking sheet.
7. Bake for 13-15 minutes. Let cool.
* makes approximately 30 cookies
* shared with Mix It Up Monday