My all-time favorite cookie is chocolate chip. I cannot properly partake in a cookie baking binge without making chocolate chip cookies.
The thing is, I never had a favorite chocolate chip recipe. I just like all chocolate chip cookies. Every single one.
Until right now. I found a favorite! I found a favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe and I am in heaven! There’s so much chocolate in them! And the texture has a chew to it, which I like.
On top of being the best chocolate chip cookie I’ve had, they were easy to make.
Chocolate Chip Cookies
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350. Put parchment paper on 2 baking sheets.
2. In a large bowl of a stand mixer, beat together the sugars, butter, egg, and vanilla extract.
3. In a separate bowl combine the flour, salt, and baking soda.
4. Slowly add the dry mix to the wet mixture. Mix until just combined.
5. Fold the chocolate chips into the cookie dough.
6. Roll the dough into 1 1/2 inch balls. Place rolled balls on your baking sheets, leaving 2 to 3 inches between each cookie.
7. Bake for 12-14 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
* makes 15 cookies
* shared with Wednesday Whatsits