Sundays have unofficially become “hot chocolate day.” As long as it stays cold outside, I’ll be beginning the new week with a mug of hot chocolate. It’ll be the one thing that makes me sad when it becomes hot out again – I’ll need to think of other ways to bring a sweet start to my week: milkshakes, smoothies, slushies. 😛
This week’s hot chocolate is a white hot chocolate. I’ve never had white hot chocolate before. And while I truly am a dark chocolate type of girl, this hot chocolate was perfect.
Let’s see how long I keep this up!
White Hot Chocolate with Blackberry Brandy
- 16 oz skim milk
- 4 oz white chocolate, cut into small pieces
- blackberry brandy, to taste
- 4 marshmallows
- In a saucepan, heat the milk. Once the milk begins to bubble remove from the heat.
- Add the white chocolate. Cover with a lid and let sit for 3 minutes.
- Stir the chocolate/milk mixture together to ensure the chocolate gets melted in the milk.
- Pour into 2 mugs.
- Add a splash of blackberry brandy. Use however much or however little you prefer!
- Top with marshmallows.
- serves 2