I intended to start my Christmas baking at the beginning of the month (and I sort of did, I made the cookies that will be featured on the 16th in the Annual Cookie Swap way at the beginning of the month.) And then.. I stopped. I got busy with work. Busy with trials. And then I got sick. I’m finally getting over this cold and I’m still in the middle of trial, but today I was having one of those days where I just didn’t want to think about work too much. I did what I needed to stay on top of my business, but I didn’t focus on it all day – which I could have. But I’m low on energy lately and I needed some Christmas in the house. Yesterday I spent the day decorating. I made the first wreath I’ve ever made in my whole life, I decorated the mantle, I finished buying Christmas presents, and we hung lights outside the house. As I’m sitting here though, I realize there’s more I should have done. For instance, my Halloween Scentsy warmer is still out. Ghosts for Christmas? Unless we’re talking about the Ghost of Christmas Past, I think not. That needs to get switched.
Anyway, I decided to start my cookie baking today. I don’t know what I’m actually going to do with them, because I don’t have really anyone to hand them out to this year … I guess I’ll bring some to work.
I made four cookies today and I intend to try to make a cookie everyday from now until Christmas.
Can I do it?
Probably not. Given my inability to even update with dinners I am actually cooking, who knows. It seems the cookbook of this lawyer is pretty sparse as of late.
But without further ado, let’s talk about THESE COOKIES! This recipe was actually one that used blueberries in it. I had blackberries in the freezer, so that’s what I went with. The cookies were flavorful and very colorful – without the use of any food coloring!
Blackberry Lemon White Chocolate Chip Cookies
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup + 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp ground cinnamon
juice from 1/2 lemon
1 cup blackberries, chopped
1/2 cup white chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 375. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. Cream together the butter and sugar in a stand mixer. Add the egg and beat until well combined.
3. In another bowl combine the dry ingredients: the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Whisk together. Gradually add the flour mixture to the butter mixture in the stand mixture.
4. Fold the lemon juice, blackberries, and white chocolate chips into the cookie dough.
5. Scoop 2 tbsp scoops of the cooke dough onto the baking sheet, leaving enough room between each cookie. I fit 12 cookies on each cookie sheet.
6. Bake for 11-14 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.
* makes about 2 dozen cookies
* shared with See Ya In The Gumbo