PROS: The cover of the book is representative of how the pictures look throughout the book. I love a cookbook with photos. The dishes were hearty and felt wholesome. The flavors were great. The recipes were easy to follow.
CONS: Make sure you look and see how long the recipes take to make. These are not all quick recipes. They do take time. This isn’t truly a con, but a warning.
PROS: There is a lot of variety in this cookbook. The dishes I tried truly took 30 minutes to make. For being 30 minute meals, they were very flavorful!
CONS: Do I have any? Perhaps I can complain that I don’t like quinoa, but that’s a personal problem.
Yesterday, May 6th, The 3-Day Reset by Pooja Mottl, hit the shelves. This book helps cut cravings by offering three day plans to follow. The chapters include sugar, salt, wheat, chocolate, yogurt, chicken, beverage, breakfast, salad, and take-out. This book helps us change how we think about food.
Here’s an exclusive tip from the sugar reset chapter:
1) Beware of the various names that “ADDED SUGARS” masquerade under on ingredient lists. Here are some that commonly pop-up on a broad range of packaged, bottled, and boxed foods and beverages:
- Corn-syrup solids
- Crystalline fructose
- Evaporated cane juice
- Fruit juice concentrates
2) Don’t forget that added sugars aren’t just in sweet foods and drinks, they can also be found in a broad range of savory foods such as cured meats, almond milk, ketchup, tomato sauce, and chicken broth. Attached is an infographic to help guide you when you’re grocery shopping!
3) Try to eat whole, unrefined sources of sweetness, in moderation, about 80% of the time. The best sources for healthy sweetness are:
- Whole, ripe, fresh fruits
- Dried fruits and vegetables such as dates, pineapple, and tomatoes
- Raw, unpasteurized honey
- 100% maple syrup
- Whole dried cane sugar or coconut palm sugar granulated crystals
AND GUESS WHAT!? The Law Student’s Cookbook has one signed book to giveaway!
The giveaway is open to US and Canadian residents only.
This giveaway runs through the 16th of May!
CLICK HERE TO ENTER THE GIVEAWAY